CALL FOR ABSTRACT- DEADLINE EXTENDED!
You are invited to submit abstracts for the Seventh MENACTRIMS Congress to be held in Cairo, Egypt during the period of November 11-12, 2022.
Depending on the number of submitted abstracts and their quality, the abstracts will be selected for either platform or for poster presentation.
Abstracts submissions are possible until September 25th, 2022 (18:00 Dubai time +4 GMT). Abstracts can be re-edited and modiﬁed until the submission deadline. Any abstract received after the deadline will not be accepted. Upon completion of evaluation an ‘Accepted’ or ‘Rejected’ email will be sent to each application submitted. The result of the evaluation will be send approximately 14 days after deadline submission.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the MS Journal on the first day of the Seventh MENACTRIMS Congress.
- Clinical Aspects of MS
- Epidemiology & Genetics
- Pathology and Pathogenesis of MS
- Quality of Life
- Therapy: Disease Modifying
- Therapy: Symptomatic
- All submitted abstracts must be in English
- The content of the abstract is solely the responsibility of the author. The original abstract is reprinted exactly as provided. During submission, it must clearly indicate the name of the presenting author, who will be considered the contact person for all correspondence connected with the submitted abstract.
- All submitted abstracts need to have the names and surnames of all co-authors, along with their positions in their affiliated institutions.
- The presenting author can be any of the listed authors without affiliations to industry.
- Poster submissions need to be limited to 500 words.
- An abstract must have a short, specific title (no abbreviations) that clearly indicates the nature of the investigation. It is encouraged that the title is set so as to attract the audience and to hint to the conclusion of the investigation.
- A well-written abstract typically has the following identified sections:
- Background/objectives: a brief introduction, which states the problem that you are addressing as well as some background information on the issue. The introduction of the abstract should include a very brief background 1-2 statements followed by the objectives of the investigation.
- Design and methods: the methodologies, number of test subjects and scientific approach used to conduct the research.
- Results: it is expected that authors present data that support their conclusion. Tables and graphs should include explanatory captions.
- Conclusions: further areas of research and overall conclusion of the research
- Citation: a reference list and acknowledgements, if applicable. A maximum of two tables/graphs/images can be included.
ORAL PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
- The same abstract and title submission indicated in this email need to be used during the congress and not another topic can fill your currently accepted slot.
- Oral presentations will be for a maximum of 8 minutes with 2 minutes for questions/comments.
- Oral presenters need to send their power point presentation 6 days prior to the congress to email@example.com with Subject: MSC2022-Presentation-OCX.X example: MSC2022-Presentation-OC2.2
- Presenting authors should be present at their designated hall 15 minutes before the start of the session in which they will present to ensure enough time to mount their presentations for electronic projection.
- All presentations should be made available in Microsoft Office Power point in a flash USB disk drive or CD. Speakers may not use your own laptop nor use a MAC version. Please ensure the presentation available in duplicate media to prevent bad surprises on the day.
- Presenting authors should be present at their designated hall 15 minutes before the start of the session in which they will present to ensure enough time to mount their presentations for electronic projection in case they do not send it beforehand.
ACCEPTANCE & REJECTION
Abstracts will be reviewed blinded without the names of submitting authors appearing to the reviewers.
The reviewers will judge the abstracts according to the scientiﬁc or clinical value, relevance to the conference, suitability of methods to aims, conclusions conﬁrmed by objective results, objectivity of statements, description of methods used, ethics, originality of work, standard of English and overall impression.
Upon completion of the evaluation of submitted abstracts, an ‘Accepted’ or ‘Rejected’ email will be sent to authors. Abstract acceptance will be in poster presentation. Upon acceptance of an author’s submission, the following instructions below are applicable:
- The presenting author of the presentation should confirm their attendance upon receiving the acceptance email within one week.
- The availability of any sort of grant for registration, travel and/or accommodation will be mentioned in the acceptance email, without any guarantees at the abstract submission stage.
- Accepted authors will receive one complimentary registration pass that will be assigned and sent up to 10 days prior to the congress
- Authors who confirm presence will receive a free communication code based on their category of submission up to 10 days before the congress.
- If you need to withdraw your abstract, a written statement listing the reasons for this decision must be sent to the abstract helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org
Accepted posters (you do not need to upload your poster during the submission phase) need to print their own posters in the precise dimensions mentioned in this section:
- Width: 90cm
- Height: 140cm
Please use the template found on this page to prepare your poster presentation. Please do not alter the PPT background when designing your poster nor add your poster to it. The organizers will add the poster code on each board thus facilitating identifying where to place your poster during the event. Ushers will be available to assist authors in mounting their posters on their poster.
ORAL PRESENTATION TEMPLATE
Presentations will be for a maximum of 8 minutes with 2 minutes for questions/comments.
Please download the Oral presentation template found on this page